Last week I showed the start of this painting done with a transparent underpainting. I wiped out the lights with a Viva paper towel. Since then, I've added a thin layer of indiathrone blue/white mixed with liquin. After that dried, I added a thin layer of naples yellow/white.
Here's yet another thin layer of brown pink/hansa yellow/white scumbled in various places on the painting. I'm building the layers of opaque paint in the sky and water first before I begin to touch the trees and reflections.
The above painting is a 12x12 study. It's almost finished, but not quite. There still needs to be some additional layers in the sky and water. But I thought I'd try to work on the study first, since it's more comfortable for me to work out the kinks on a smaller scale before moving larger to the 24x24.