Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Awards, Yay!

I received two awards recently.  I don't know how I got so lucky, but I'm extremely honored and humbled to be the recipient.  There are so many wonderful artists on the internet. Most of the artists I've come across are extremely passionate about their work.  And most go out of their way to give advice and be helpful.  Some artists actually give part of their proceeds to good causes.  I could go on and on.  The bottom line is that I've never met an artist blogger I didn't like.  

The Lemonade Award is for artists who show a positive attitude and gratitude.  I received this award from Kathleen Krucoff about a week ago.  She's an amazing glass artist, so you need to check out her blog to see for yourself.
A Passion for Painting Award speaks for itself.  I received this award from Trish Siegel.  Her work is beautiful and she's obviously a very passionate artist.  

I'm in the position, now, to award other artists with these coveted awards.  I've made lists of those who I think go above and beyond in the art world.  But deep down inside, I think we all deserve a part of these awards.  The fact that so many of you have blogs and/or websites speaks volumes for your passion, devotion and positive attitudes.  So I'm devoting these awards to all artists on the internet.  This may be unorthodox, but I guess, so am I!

2 comments:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Kudos Janelle! I like the way you've dedicated these awards to those of us on the net! What a great, generous spirit you have. Congrats to you on both and thank you for your kind words about me and my work.

You very definitely have a passion for painting as do others I have come to know through their blogs.

Laurel Daniel said...

Congratulations Janelle! You deserve it!