1. Many years ago I came close to getting hit by a train. When I realized I was probably going to get hit, I froze and felt my mind go blank. A man came up from behind me and gently pushed me along, out of danger. He never said a word to me and I never said anything to him. The whole experience seemed so surreal. Two weeks later someone did get hit by a train in the same place. I felt he was my guardian angel. Hence, ...
2. I have a large angel collection. I started this collection many years ago and have received angels as gifts for birthdays, Christmas, etc., from everyone who knows me well. I probably have about three hundred angels. I mostly display them at Christmas when I unwrap them and put them all out on the side table in the dining room. There is an at least one angel in every room in my house.
3. The farthest I have ever been from home is Italy. My son went to Rome to study for a summer semester once, so I went with my daughter to meet him. The second time was with my husband (I had to show it to him) for one of our major anniversaries. I'd like to go again and stay for a month.
4. The bravest thing I ever did was go para-sailing in Mexico - a long time ago. I can't believe now that I ever did it. That's were they strap you into a type of parachute that's attached by rope to a motor boat. When they boat takes off, you go sailing up in the air, about ten stories up.
5. My last fact may not seem interesting but I just made a funny observation. I looked around my house one evening and realized how many stained glass lamps we have (ten). It was my passion for stained glass lamps that spurred us to buy all these lamps within the last few years. Maybe it has something to do with my latest interest in translucent color.